Dienstag, 3. April 2012

TWD: Pizza Rustica

It's Tuesday-with-Dorie-tuesday again and again I almost missed it. Maybe I should start baking something else in the weeks inbetween, because the 2-weekly-routine is just not made for me. Last time, I forgot to leave my link, this time, I almost forgot to blog.

Here is my Pizza Rustica attempt. I like that the new book includes also savory dishes and it perfectly fits the lenten season (I avoid sweets and alcohol during this time). As I don't eat meat I tried a vegetarian version, adding up more of the cheeses and a lot of spices, because the bacon would have brought a lot of salt and flavour I had to replace. (I wouldn't say I am vegetarian - I eat fish. And I would never say that I strictly deny meat always and forever. I just want it to be "worth" it, when I eat it. So, if it happens I eat some meat twice a year, that's still fine with me, but I want it to be "something special")

The "pizza" (I would rather call it a quiche, or tarte) was pretty pretty easy in the making and turned out fine. I liked the taste but am not completely satisfied with just putting in more cheese. I saw that some others used spinach or other vegetables. Dried tomatoes might be a good alternative, too.

If you want to find out about the original recipe, have a look into "Baking with Julia" by Dorie Greenspan (pp 430 and 431) or turn to the blogs of our hosts this week, Emily of Capitol Region Dining and Raelynn of The Place They Call Home.

1 Kommentar:

  1. YOur vegetarian version looks good.
    Did you use a springform pan - I like how it's freestanding.

    AntwortenLöschen