Dienstag, 5. Juli 2011

TWD: Chocolate Chunk Muffins








Big surprise!
First surprise: I thought we have chocolate cookies on the schedule, this week again. Didn't read the monthly preview thoroughly.
Second surprise: I am not a huge chocolate lover, so I would never make chocolate muffins on my own. But - I really really liked these!

For the melted chocolate I used bittersweet as in the recipe. But for the chunks I used white chocolate. Not extremely creative, I know, but a bit. Looking at the dough I had the feeling, some more chocolate chunks would do no harm. I took about 3 ounces - more would still have been no problem. Afterwards I saw that some other members also recommended to use more chunks.

Well, I ended up with pretty good Dark-White Chocolate Chunk Muffins, some of the few ones I really like!

Thanks to Bridget of The Way the Cookie Crumbles for chosing this unexpected good and easy recipe! Go to her page for the recipe, or have a look at page 18 in Dorie's book.

3 Kommentare:

  1. White chocolate chunks were a great idea for these!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The contrast with the white chocolate is nice! These look great.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Not a chocolate fiend myself, but like you, I did like these! The white chocolate looks great interspersed in the muffin to give it some interest. Beautiful muffins!

    AntwortenLöschen